1.1. Who we are
We are Schumacher Electric Corporation (“Schumacher”) and our global subsidiaries. For data privacy related inquiries, you can contact us at the contact information below.
- United States: Schumacher Electric Corporation, 14200 FAA Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76155;
- Europe: Schumacher Europe SPRL, Rue de la Baronnerie 3, B-4920 HARZE Belgium
The contact details of our Data Protection Officer are: Yordanka Krumova, 18 Todor Alexandrov Blvd, floor 5, Sofia 1303, Bulgaria; Email: email@example.com; Phone: +359 884 06 40 86
2.0 How we use your information
2.1 When you use our websites
When you use our websites to browse our products and services and view the information we make available, a number of cookies are used by us and by third parties to allow the websites to function, to collect useful information about visitors and to help make your use experience better. Some of the cookies we use are strictly necessary for our websites to function, and we do not ask for your consent to place these on your computer. However, for those cookies that are useful but not strictly necessary, we will ask for your consent before placing them. As well as the cookies we use, various third parties also place them on your computer with your consent.
2.2 When you submit an inquiry via our websites
When you submit an inquiry via our website, we ask you for your name, contact telephone number and/or email address. We use this information to respond to your query, including providing you with any requested information about our products and services. We may also email you multiple times after your inquiry in order to follow up on your interest and ensure that we have responded to your satisfaction. We will do this based on our legitimate interest in providing accurate information prior to sale.
2.3 When you use our Apps
When you download, register with, or use the Apps, we may ask you to provide us with you name, address and email address. We may also ask you to provide or collect information regarding any product associated with the Apps, how it works, and how you use it.
When you download, access, and use the Apps, we may automatically collect certain details of your access and use of the Apps and any associated product, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other data and resources that you access and use on or through the Apps. The Apps may also collect real-time information about the location of your device.
We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network information, and device telephone number.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device. For further information on your rights as a data subject, see Section 2.6 of this policy.
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide us, including any personal information, to provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us. We may also use the information to notify you when App updates are available, and of any changes to any product or services we offer or provide through it.
The usage information we collect also helps us to improve our Apps and associated products and to deliver a better experience by enabling us to estimate usage patterns.
2.4 When you contact us on behalf of an organization
If you contact us on behalf of an organization, we ask for a company name, address, phone, number, VAX/tax ID, contact person (name, job title, email address). Personal data on our business relationships is processed for the purposes of sales, purchases, and marketing. Processing your data allows us to initiate and maintain a business relationship; send or receive quotations, transport documents, invoices, and manage payments, and communicate with you via mail, email, text message, or by phone.
2.5 Sensitive Personal Data
Sensitive personal data reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, sexual orientation, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, or data concerning health. We do not intentionally collect any sensitive personal data from you to sore in our systems. It is not our intention to process such data unless you explicitly provide sensitive personal data to us.
2.6 Who can access your information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Access to your personal data is limited by need within Schumacher and our global subsidiaries.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business which are obliged to keep your personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of all of Schumacher’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Schumacher about our website and App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Schumacher, our customers, or others.
3.0 Your rights as a data subject
To the extent it is a right afforded to you by applicable law:
- You can ask us what information we hold about you and to correct it if it is inaccurate.
- If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or to fulfil a contract, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information in a portable format so that you can transfer it to another provider.
- If we are processing your data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased.
- You can ask us to stop using your information for a period of time if you believe we are not doing so lawfully.
- In some circumstances, ask us not to reach decisions affecting you using automated processing or profiling.
To submit a request regarding your personal data by email, mail, or telephone, please use the contact information provided above in the “Who are we” section of this policy.
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, we prefer you to contact us directly in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. Please see the above “Who we are” section to find the contact information for the relevant jurisdiction. We will review your concerns and get back to you within 30 days.
- If you are an EU citizen and have concerns in regard to GDPR, you can also contact the Respective Supervisory Authority via their website at http://www.privacycomission.be/ or write to them at:
- Commission de la protection de la vie privee
Commissie voor de bescherming van de persoonlijke levenssfeer
Rue de la Presse 35 / Drukpersstraat 35
1000 Bruxelles / 1000 Brussel
Tel. +32 2 274 48 00
Fax +32 2 274 48 35
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 16 on our websites or mobile applications. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 16, please contact us at
6.0 Your choices
While we encourage you to take advantage of personalized services on our websites and mobile applications, you can use some of our online services without registering your information with us. Please refer to section 2.6 for your options regarding data we do collect.
7.0 Links to other sites
Although we may link our websites or Apps to other websites, we are not responsible for and do not control your security or privacy when you visit those sites.
8.0. Updates to this policy
9.0 California residents
How to Contact Us
If you have questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site or your dealings with this site, please contact Schumacher via ITMP@schumacherelectric.com.